Thursday, April 19, 2007

assignment 10

the main goal for this project was to create a design which was fun and did not take itself to seriously as a student paper should be, there are plenty of intense and all to real news sources out there already. I only included a single page number on the left side as i noticed in my design magazines that when an image took over the space where the page number would typically be, as long as the opposit page was numbered this number would be omitted.

These layout designs, from Beautiful Decay and Under Pressure respectively, inspired me to use a stylized font unique to the content of the article. It also led me to use a simple photo to inform as well as fill up space. I also organized my text in a similar way. Simplicity plays a key role in each of these layouts. The article on the left gave me the idea to have imagery through out.




This layout from Swindle magazine led me to use a simple image with a low contrast with the page colour to create a subtle graphic in the background. I think that this activates the negative space on the page to make a more engaging design. I also used a similar way to display my page numbers.

No comments: